Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Nehemiah 3

As part of my time in Scripture this morning, I was reading Nehemiah 3 and was struck at how it mentioned over and over again what profession a person had and that they were building the wall. It didn't matter whether they were a jeweler or a perfumer or a metalworker, they were building the wall. I think there are times when we see what needs to be done, but try to make excuses saying, "That isn't my talent." But sometimes we just need to do what needs to be done.

1 comment:

On the Ride of Our Lives said...

Hey Alan. Long time no see! I was looking at the Amey's blog and saw yours. Then of course I went to it. I guess God knew that I needed confirmation from your post. I was searching God by prayer and trying to hear God's will for if I should lead worship for a women's ministry thing this weekend. I don't feel talented enough for it, but I'm willing because I know it's needed. And no one else has volunteered. God used your blog to confirm the need to trust him and obey no matter my insuffiency. Please tell Lisa hi for me. I miss her.